In accordance with best international practice, the Directors of Mediobanca, at a Board meeting held on 7 April 2022, appointed Angela Gamba (independent Director appointed from the minority list) as Lead Independent Directors.
The Lead Independent Director is responsible for the following duties:
- to convene and preside over meetings of the independent Directors, to discuss matters of interest regarding the functioning of the Board of Directors;
- to serve as a point of contact within the Board of Directors in order to co-ordinate the independent Directors’ requests and contributions;
- to work together with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to ensure that they receive exhaustive and timely reporting flows on the Bank’s operations;
- to perform the role of spokesperson in the Board evaluation process with regard to the functioning, size and composition of the Board of Directors and its Committees;
- to perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time, in particular on strategic issues and/or extraordinary transactions.